Tuesday, September 16, 2008

middle school like....

I didn't tell you guys this but about three weeks ago my car got broken into and all of me and Don's s**t got stolen. I mean, all of it. It was pretty tragic and although the recovery was quick, it was still a crazy time.

One of the items that was stolen was my iPod, which you all know is like my third nut. Donovan's Pod got stolen, too, and you know music is an ENORMOUS part of both of our lives. Well Mom Dukes, who recently kicked me completely out of the tree, felt bad for her baby boy, knowing how much my iPod meant to me so she ordered me a new one. She loves me so much that she ordered me a 30 GB one, then she remembered that over the summer I had told her I was saving up for an 80 GB one, so then she ordered that. I love that lady. I was talking to her on the phone while I was taking a dump in the library this morning and she said "I kinda love you", to which I replied "Yeah ya do." We got a kick out of that.

Anyway, I digress. My 80 GB iPod came yesterday so I immediately put my entire iTunes library onto it, and as I was walking to class this morning with it on shuffle, this song came on. I had to pause for a minute so I could slow down all of the memories that were once way in the back of my mind but were now racing to the forefront. I gave a slight, barely noticeable smile for each one.



1 the walls CAN talk:

NIVLAC said...

SIR!

i dunno if you remember us sittin in the car rappin all the words to this....i do and thats good enough for me.