Monday, April 7, 2008

Role Model

There's a couple people that I can honestly say that I look up to. I think it was in the 8th grade when I first heard the term "renaissance man" and its been in the back of my mind since then. Being multifaceted and knowledgable in more than one area is something that I wish to be, and I can only hope that I'm already on my way to achieving.
Mos Def is one of those people that exudes intelligence and an ability to get through to people: whether it be through musical talent or the ability to communicate well to large groups. On top of that, he's funny.
Not to mention he's reppin' for us skinny black males in the world.

See what I mean? I'm impressed by that. And that's really all I want for myself: to impress someone. We all have our "go hard" phases where we swear we don't care what people think about us. And that may be true to an extent. But for myself, it'd be nice to hear a conversation about absolutely anything, and know that if necessary, I could give at least some insight on the issue, and that people would be happy that my opinion was requested. No one likes that person who swears they know everything, and that's not who I'm hoping to be. Rather, I'd like to be that person who can actually hold a conversation about something you never would have thought they'd have an opion on.
Not quite there yet, but I'm working on it.

*For those of you who wished I wrote more personal posts, there's a little insecurity for ya.
**Reading over my post, I'm not quite sure how I was inspired to write all that from this video. My mind wanders sometimes. Consequently, so do my blog posts.

0 the walls CAN talk: