Friday, May 22, 2009

this is a band...

I'm well aware of the fact that by now, more than half of my readers (if I still have readers) have downloaded this mixtape and are already over it. Due to the long, unexpected hiatus that however, I never posted it with a couple of my thoughts on the project...

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/00-clintonsparkschesterfrenchnmcjacquesjamsvol1endurance-front.jpg

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/00-clintonsparkschesterfrenchnmcjacquesjamsvol1endurance-back.jpg

This is by far the best altogether mixtape I've heard in a while. The concept is so in depth that it even dictates the order of the tracks. Every single song is incredible in my opinion except for maybe two that I could have done without. The skits are hilarious and actually make sense, as opposed to some mixtapes/albums where the skits just seem random and unnecessary. Even the front and back covers are relevant. I've been playing this for a month straight. If you haven't, I advise you to "get familiar."

Download: Chester French - Jacques Jams, Vol. 1: Endurance

1 the walls CAN talk:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.