Thursday, October 16, 2008

Broad Street bullies.



Congratulations to the Philadelphia Phillies for winning Game 5 against the Dodgers, putting them in the World Series for the first time since 1995. I was parked outside of a friends apartment builing when we started hearing loud, obnoxious screams. Temple is located right in the middle of North Philly so we dismissed it at first but then we started hearing this ongoing roar. So I circled around the block trying to find where it was coming from and in front of this off campus apartment buliding located right on "The Edge" of campus, is a sea of people in the street yelling at the top of their lungs and bouncing up and down. As soon as I turned the corner and saw them I parked in the most illegal spot ever and scrambled frantically to find my camera.

Once I found it, I walked over and started snapping pics and even recorded a couple videos. In a city that is known across the country for having "the worst fans", it was nice to see everyone so f**king happy. I'm not even a Phillies fan but I think that if you're having a terrible day, a certain number of happy people will make you happy either way. It was kinda cool.

Now I gotta deal with this s**t all day tomorrow. This should be interesting.

I've never heard people catch on to "made up on the spot" chants so quickly in my life.IMG_3366.jpg picture by crsfrancisIMG_3373.jpg picture by crsfrancisIMG_3370.jpg picture by crsfrancis
Among the sea of white... and red, I found Jammy. Funny enough, she was doing the same thing I was doing.

IMG_3376.jpg picture by crsfrancis
Okay wait! So me and Jammy were talking about how wild what we were seeing was and then the unthinkable happened...
Someone in the crowd yells out "BROAD STREET!!! " and everyone starts running. Still screaming and chanting... only running. Like the opening scene from Lion King. I honestly did not see it coming.

1 the walls CAN talk:

Miss Mac said...

STAMPEDE! ....Hilarious