Wednesday, September 24, 2008

recap.


If you happened to catch the post that I put up late last night/early this morning, I'd like to sincerely apologize for my buffoonery. I mean, these things happen from time to time. It's crazy because I didn't pay for a single drink. They just kept appearing. I could definitely get used to this style of royal treatment but I highly doubt it will happen again. In the event that it does, it wont be on a Tuesday or any of the other sacred "school days", for that matter. Celebration was called for, though. My dude VJ threw an uber successful event and I am genuinely proud of him for how well things came together in the end. Congratulations, sir.

As I mentioned in the now deleted and never to be spoken of again post, I was given the opportunity to throw back shots of Henny with none other than Mr. Wale himself before he went on stage. Then I rapped nearly every word during his performance and sweated most of the liq right back out of my system... then went back to the bar with a significantly larger crowd than early and... well you can imagine the rest. Altogether it was and enjoyable evening and more or less what you'd expect during homecoming. I'm actually happy to be committing my time and energy to my never-ending schoolwork again.

I usually don't do drops on my KTH but there were some people who had all star performances last night and deserve a little credit...

VJ: for making the whole night possible and literally running the show
Donovan: for being one of the illest and most underrated producers and not only making moves with his talent, but also managing to remain the definition of humilty
Aden: for being "super friend" to everyone with a smile on her face... don't think you go unnoticed
Dizzy: just for being "that n**ga"... that's all some people have to do
Sock: for having a performance that so greatly surpassed my already high expectations, and for kicking off a week that most up and coming rappers only dream of (opening for Wale on Tuesday, opening for Nas on Friday)
Kyle: for being gorgeous and helping the models get undressed backstage (shwing!) and also for finishing my drink when I'd had enough
Maddie: for giving me a spot to crash and literally sleep all day while allergies had its foot up my a** so that I could even attend

The little things that all of you did seriously turned my night into an event and I appreciate it. I have stories for days now thanks to you.

Oh yeah, and I found this...
Lupe Fiasco ft. Sarah Green, Q-Tip, and Pharrell - Paris, Tokyo Remix

-----------------------------------------------------

Here is a video of Wale and Tre from UCB performing at the Fashion Show. Periodically, you'll here this really obnoxious voice singing along. I'm pretty sure that's me.
Sorry.


*Thanks for the video, Domo.

1 the walls CAN talk:

√W² Marketing Group said...

appreciat the the love sir. yea Maxis owes me a cut for all the business I gave them.