Monday, August 11, 2008

thank you, Greece.

I love the Olympics. Everything about it is tight to me. I especially like the way that it gets me interested in sports that I don't watch on a regular basis. For instance, I just finished watching men's syncronized diving. I don't know why. But I'm happy I did. The Chinese beasted and won the gold. It was pretty ill. I don't understand why divers heads don't hurt when they hit the water, though. That s**t's always baffled me.
They look goofy to me but then again... how would I look if I just won an Olympic gold medal?
Photos: Chinese men win 10m Synchronized Diving goldPhotos: Chinese men win 10m Synchronized Diving gold
I'm watching women's beach volleyball now. Cuba's getting fried by the US. Its always nice to see the US fry anyone. Like last night when Jason Lezak, the anchor leg in the men's 4x100m swim relay, took the lead and won the gold medal for the US by beating France by 0.008 seconds. The relay team shatttered the world record already held by the US by 3.99 seconds.
Men's 4 x 100m Freestyle Relay: USA obliterates world record
FYI - Yes, that is a black man you see to the far left and yes, the almighty Micheal Phelps is from Maryland. Baltimore, to be exact.
Make sure you watch him attempt to win his third gold medal of this year's Olympics in the 200m freestyle. His trying to win eight this summer and has already won two.

0 the walls CAN talk: