Monday, August 11, 2008

my role model.



A lot of things have changed,
A lot of things have not. Mainly us.
We gon' get it together, right? I believe that.
Listen... people be askin me all the time,
' Yo Mos, what's gettin ready to happen with Hip-Hop?
Where do you think Hip-Hop is goin?
'
I tell em, 'You know what's gonna happen with Hip-Hop?
Whatever's happening with us.'
If we smoked out, Hip-Hop is gonna be smoked out.
If we doin alright, Hip-Hop is gonna be doin alright.
People talk about Hip-Hop like it's some giant livin in the hillside,
comin down to visit the townspeople.
We. Are. Hip-Hop.
Me, you, everybody. We are Hip-Hop.
So Hip-Hop is goin where we goin.
So the next time you ask yourself where Hip-Hop is goin,
Ask yourself.. Where am I goin? How am I doin?

Here's a video of Mos politic-ing with Cornel West and Bill Maher on issues all too familiar to us. Its ill how he clearly shows how intelligent he is without talking down to anyone or trying to sound smarter than he really is. I personally love how being on tv doesn't stop him from cussing while he talks about religion and politics. Even though I censor my blog, I don't let it stop me from writing the way that I'd speak.
He's also hilarious.

1 the walls CAN talk:

Amachi said...

wow i cant belive i missed this episode. gotta hear all things fully. and bill made me mad when he said that muslims are crazy becasue of their religion. idiot.