Friday, June 20, 2008

crucial backfire.

Disclaimer: When I first wake up it takes me a minute to get my thoughts together. A second ago I started typing and had to stop because I had no idea what I was talking about. Bear with me...

My car's been acting up lately. It sounded like a straight lawn mower when I drove down from Philly last weekend. That's not completely true but it was really loud nonetheless. Anyway, my mid muffler slam fell off at 7:20 AM today as I backed out of my driveway to go to work. Jack. I then proceeded to lay on my street while staring aimlessly under my car with a wire hanger in my hand, as if I could've come up with a clever, MacGyver style idea to fix this problem even if I hadn't just woken up. Remember, as previously stated, this is the worst time to ask me for anything. Long story short, I had to drive to the mechanic (which is about 15 minutes from my house) with my muffler dragging the entire way, making the most annoying and embarrassing noise in the world; then wait for good ol' Mom Dukes to pick me up from the mechanic to take me to work. Great start to a day, right?

It all worked out in the end though. An important detail that I left out is that yesterday I went to pick up a new muffler and all the parts that were needed for it to be put in properly, and had them in the back seat when I went to the mechanic. After dropping off my car I got a call a little over two hours later saying it was reading. Went. Picked it up. Everything's lovely.
That doesn't have to do with anything. Just wanted to tell you about it.

Moving on, I was exhausted when I got home from work so I took a nap. Naps and I have a history together. We get along pretty well together. Always have. In kindergarden, I was always the last person to wake up (I bulls**t you not). But today's nap was of a different breed. It wasn't the same nap I know. I woke up feeling like straight s**t. I can't even explain it. But anyway, that's how I got to where I am now, and the reason for this drawn out and completely irrelevant post.

I told you how I am when I first wake up...

1 the walls CAN talk:

NIVLAC said...

yea i can dug it- me and naps are having a difficult time getting together for a date but everytime we get up its like we never left...you know how that goes