Monday, June 9, 2008

99-f'ing-degrees outside!

My roommate and I were watching a little bit of Pulp Fiction yesterday after we finally installed an A/C in our hot a** living room. He had never seen it before but I'm pretty sure I was put on to it a while back by an ex-girlfriend or something. Anyway, there's a scene in it where Uma Thurman's character, Mia, asks John Travolta's character, Vincent, a series of "either-or" questions while she films him. She begins by saying that there are really only two kinds of people in the world. In her example she uses Elvis and The Beatles. Calvin and I agreed with her theory but used our own examples. I think you'll agree with what we came up with...

There's two kinds of people in this world, Jay-Z people and Nas people. Now Nas people can like Jay-Z. And Jay-Z people can like Nas. But nobody likes them both equally. Somewhere you have to make a choice. And that choice tells me who you are.

And with that said, no matter how much I'd like to like them both equally...

I kind of made that choice a long time ago.

Jay-Z - A Billi (Zshare)

And I know I'm late with this next one but I've been to busy listening to it to write about it. I heard it for this first time two Saturdays ago... had it memorized by the next Monday. The kicker: I HATE LIL' WAYNE!


*I think Lil' Wayne should only do songs with Jay-Z. Period. Though, I haven't heard it yet, I think the success (or lack thereof) of The Carter III will prove my point.

1 the walls CAN talk:

B Harg. said...

Is it just me or did you get hype when Jay said: 'I took so much change from this rap game. Its your go.'

It very well couldve just been me, but I felt like he put Wayne in his place on his own song.. like, I already did my thing- now I'll pass the torch to you and Wayne came in like.. yeah, he's right.

Classic.