Monday, April 14, 2008

"Okay, listen to what he says..."

Hey T and Bo. Remember how excited we got that time in the car last semester when I played this song for you? It's funny because the song was dumb old but I had just heard for the first time so I was extra excited. Well I heard this song today (iPod on shuffle, as usual) and instantly thought of you two. Its kind of cool how you two weren't together when I played it for you yet the exact same thing happened: you smiled, told me to run it back, then proceeded to tell me how old the song was and asked if I was sure I hadn't heard it before. lol.
Music (and Jay) lovers of the world unite!

So this is the verse that blew me away. Its the last verse on "Flip Flop Rock" by Big Boi featuring Killer Mike and Jay-Z. Young Hov was given the baton as the trail leg and he MURDERED IT!
"Guilty until proven innocent, huh?"

Flip Flop Rock - Jay-Z's verse
When I'm in the mood I rock the S Dot tennis shoes
At the interlude, I got the Gucci flip-flops
Then I, mix it up like gin and juice when I'm them interviews
dudes wanna know what he copped
And where you got that? How could they buy that?
Where the million dollar watch at? Stop that!
Why that, why this, niggaz wanna hijack the flyness
I'm on a whole 'nother plane

A whole different lane, a whole 'nother game that I'm playin
Understand what I'm sayin?
Hov' and OutKast, whatchu think about that?
Really don't matter though what you niggaz chatter though
Anybody get out of line then you trust
that the mac'll go r-r-r-r-r-at, got you chill for that alone
Back on the shit, back on the strip
Another hit I'm not gon' miss!


Reading it is cool and everything but you must listen to it to understand its importance.

1 the walls CAN talk:

B Harg. said...

took the words from my mouth.. reading this doesnt do much for a person (esp. non-Jigga heads). its all in the delivery.

"Hey T and Bo"
loser. lol