Thursday, April 24, 2008

Get familiar

So my dude Domo hit me up with these videos he took from a radio interview with Sock the Rapper and my big brother Don. If you recall, last week and the week before I was talking about how sick the EP is and promoting the listening party at Pedestrian Boutique. I really don't know what else I can say about this fine piece of hip hop. It still goes and honestly, I can't wait to hear what's next.
And did I mention he's from "the area"? You know I gotta support my own.


Open your ears for:
Greatest Love - Basically this is a song about his love for hip hop and music in general and how it has the power to seduce you and consequently control your mind. It also speaks on one of the many conflicts of man: being in love with two different thing/people at one time. Don stretched his legs out on the beat with a German-army-style drumline and infectous horns. The type of music you'd expect to hear if you were playing a game of pick up basketball in the gym and MJ just walked in in slow motion. LMAO!
All She Needs - This may be my favorite track on the album. Its a classic boy-meets-(fine a**)girl story with some real s**t that young sneakerheads and college kids can really relate to. Check the last verse. Sock definitely hit us with the "What you gettin into after this party?" type verse. You gotta love. Big brother tried to get his Neptunes-sexy on with the beat. Mission accomplished, sir.
The Night Away - All I'm gonna say is that this needs to be the next addition to your "Chiefin" playlist (personally, mine is called the "Sour Diesel" Playlist. shout out to Devon). Its an all to familiar story of the mind elevation process that most of us have been through (some more than others). The simple fact that Don can make a reggae beat blows my f'in mind. I've actually performed the actions in this song while listening to it. Its an experience, to say the least.

0 the walls CAN talk: