Monday, March 24, 2008

"Terminatoring" the Game

Yo, I swear I'm the most indecisive person of life. Though, I'm not really sure why, because it should have been a hands down "These are f***ing dope" from the get go, but anyway... Early in my life I enjoyed the pleasure of becoming acquainted with a well respected but (previously) little known Nike basketball sneaker called (appropriately) the Terminator. Oh, this sneaker. With its bulky toe box, thick, coarse cotton laces, and the oh so beautiful and hugely bold "NIKE" written across the back heel panel. The perfect ode to 1980s basketball (1985, specifically). Is there anything wrong with this sneaker? No, other than the fact that there are not nearly as many colorways as one might like, or the fact that you can rarely find them in stores! Previous terminator gems include the Mowabbs (2004), the Grunges (2004), the Supreme Courts (2004), and a slew of NBA and college basketball team color classics. For your viewing pleasure:


(l-r: mowabbs, grunge, supreme court, seatle super sonics)


So back to my original flawed sense of "hot and not" (I love giving a history lesson before making my point apparently). I came back upon two terminators that are being released as a Nike "Vintage" (having been given a similar "black tea and sandpaper" treatment as the vintage runners collection). Some people may not feel comfortable rocking a shoe that already looks 20+ years old, but they're still worth knowing about! They turned out really well and the tongues really pop! Check em out:



2 peas in a pod

They're for two universities, St. Johns and Georgetown. Now, if Nike would look out and acknowledge Drexel, life would be good....

hope you enjoyed that as much as i did.
JUST DO IT!

JERO

0 the walls CAN talk: