Saturday, February 2, 2008

Chester French


I figured it was only a matter of time before Don put me on to another dope artist/group that no one has heard of. D.A. Wallach and Maxwell Drummey, both Harvard graduates, have an interesting sound that I can only describe as "catchy".

"The two first met in their freshman year dining hall at Harvard. Along with three friends they formed the first incarnation of Chester French and the quintet quickly cut its teeth playing shows around campus and at Boston bars. At the end of the year, they won a local battle of the bands and, with only two days and $300 to spend, cut a five song EP aptly titled Chester French's First Love." - MySpace

For all you fellow Entourage lovers out there (life without HBO sucks), think back to when they finally first started filming Medellin back in like June. Well at the end of the show, they played Chester French's song "She Loves Everybody", which happens to be my favorite song that I've heard from them so far.

When Pharrell came across their demo last spring, he immediately signed them, saying that he felt like he "stumbled across two geniuses"........ Pardon my speechlessness but do you know what that means coming from Pharrell? That's like being knighted. Their album is titled Love The Future and is expected to drop sometime in 2008.




Sidenotes:
*The first time I heard them, I thought they were The Beatles.
**They have their degrees in social anthropology and African-American Studies.
***For some reason they remind me of Destiny.
Hi Des!

0 the walls CAN talk: