Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Why can't life always be this easy?


As some of you may know, I just got back from an amazing vacay in Jamaica. I have family in Kingston, Clarendon, and Morant Bay so I've been there a couple times before and I always have fun. However, this trip was fun for completely different reasons than the usual.

For one, I went with my absolute best
friend in the world, the only person who refuses to quit me no matter how much I "F" up: Mom Dukes. Now understand, all the other times I've been to JA I went with my dad, and we get it in. That's where we bond the hardest and its always a great. But it turns out, my mom is NO stanger to a good time and knows exactly how to have fun on a resort. Which brings me to my next point...

When people go to Jamaica and stay on a resort THEY BUG OUT!!! Especially those damn Canadians (kidding, of course...). Free alcohol and melanin deprived vacationers do not mix well... or do mix well, depending on what you're into. Nonetheless, if it weren't for all the characters that I met while down there I definitely wouldn't have had as much fun. Its kinda funny because due to late nights, open bars, and enless games of dominoes, I was more exhausted than I've ever been; but at the same time, thanks to beautiful beaches and a clear blue sky and ocean (and a maxed out iPod), I was more relaxed and meditative than I've ever been. It was honestly exactly what I needed. And it helped that time moves in slow motion in Jamaica.


With all that said, I'm actually really happy to be back home (Maryland, that is). Jamaica helped me realize that insignificant stress is just that: insignificant. I'm in no way a perfect person but I'm so happy to be who I am, and negative people are really unattractive to me right now. And to those naturally negative people who are reading this, don't be offended when I ignore. Seriously.


"Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?"
-Bob Marley






*Met Avant in the airport in Montego Bay. I thanked him for "Can't Wait" and "Makin' Good Love". I think he knew what I meant....



1 the walls CAN talk:

Anonymous said...

glad to see your blogging again. love it.