Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Pop Up Video

So by now, it should be apparent to everyone how much I love music. As far as I'm concerned, its this only drug that you take in through your ears and can make you feel high for weeks at a time. If you doubt me, think back to the last album you bought (or illegally downloaded) that you played so much for some period of time, that you found yourself not really wanting to hear anything else... Okay, maybe that was a stretch and I'm the only one who's done that. Regardless, music seems almost unavoidable to me. It stalks me and creeps up on me in the wierdest places and I love it.


I was born in what may be the greatest year ever: 1988. So if you do the math, that means that most of my up-bringing and almost all of my fondest memories are from the 90's. Personally, the 90's birthed three great things that even in 2008, I still can't get over: music, kicks, and TV shows (specifically Nickelodeon... don't get me started on that again).


So due the fact that music in the 90's has played and still plays such a huge role in my life, I've decided to pay homage to it by posting a song or video from this great decade on my blog, every week. And what better name for these themed posts other than "Pop Up Video"?


Let's begin...


The first vid is "Ice Cream" by Wu-Tang. Everyone was pretty amazing on this song but Method and Ghostface killed it. I wish hardcore rap was still like this. Also, check out the video chicks. Don't they look mad classy compared to video hoes in today's wack rap videos?
(shout out to BET. keep 'em coming)


Since this is the first Pop Up Video post, I might as well bless you with two. This song is dedicated to Donovan and Hazel.

0 the walls CAN talk: