Thursday, January 24, 2008

I Come Bearing Gifts

Rumor has it I'm a little late on some of these tracks, but I really don't care if you don't. I don't know about you, but I've been dying for some new music to over play. Luckily for me (and my well being), I found some. Can you say "multiple ear-gasms"?...













My absolute favorite song off of Kanye's Graduation album is, hands down, "Flashing Lights" (I know, I know... me and millions of other people, right?). It was only a matter of time before a halfway decent cover of this track came out. And I have two.












The first is from my man (fi'ty grand) from The District, Wale. He did damage on "Nike Boots" (Wale - "Nike Boots" (zShare)) last year and even the "Nike Boots Remix w/ Lil' Wayne" (Wale - Nike Boots (Remix ft. Lil Wayne) (Y.S.I.)) ... even though dumb a** Lil' Wayne's verse had nothing to do with the song. Anywho... Wale did a cover of "Flashing Lights" and it's everything you would expect from him... whatever that may be.


Wale - Flashing Lights









The second cover is by this guy Colin Munroe. I don't know a lot about the guy but I first heard him on Whitney's blog (Sarcasm in Human Form) on Wednesday when she posted his video, which is pretty decent as well. I did some research and his resume is actually pretty impressive. It turns out he writes and produces all of his own music AND plays all the instruments. If i had a hat on right now, I'd tip it to this guy.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Photobucket


The song is by my future ex-wife, Ms. Lily Allen. What can I say? I'm a sucker for females with shoe game.


Naive (The Kooks Cover)-Lily Allen
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Over this past winter break I decided to adopt Andre 3000 as my new role model. He jsut seems like the type of person that I wouldn't mind taking a lesson or two from. His style is unique and he owns it, and his music is worth listening to. I mean, really listening to (Check out his verse on "What a Job" and the whole "A Day in the Life of Benjamin Andre"). Many of you probably remember Outkast's song "Da Art of Storytellin' ". I mean, they had two different versions of the song so you should remember at least one of them. The most memorable, of course, is the one they did with hip hop great, Slick Rick, whom I always felt wrote his verse for me (Throwing things, yelling in a mad high pitch/ Here we go again with this psychopath b**ch/ The neighbors will hear you, you misfit/Can't disagree with the b**ch without this s**t.). Well now there's a "Da Art of Storytellin' pt. 4. Don't ask me where part 3 is. I don't know.

outkast - da art of story tellin (part 4).


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------








wait! i have one more but i'm being kicked out of the computer lab right now. damn pigs....

0 the walls CAN talk: